Monday, August 4, 2008

Portfolio Analysis: July Roth IRA Snapshot

Fidelity, where I have my Roth IRA, has some excellent tools for portfolio research and analysis. I like this snapshot of my current asset allocation (everything save a few dollars in cash reserves is invested in the Four-in-one Index Fund, FFNOX):



This chart shows the hypothetical performance of an asset allocation that resembles my current one. Of course I take this with a grain of salt, being that it's pretty short term (10 years) and historical returns are no guarantee of future performance:



No guarantee, but still nice to see a big upside on this type of asset allocation. As I mentioned previously I plan on sticking with this fund until I've built up enough to buy into more attractive total stock market index funds - I won't want to stick with this type of bond & short term allocation for the long term. Actually I'm still trying to figure out what kind of allocation would work for me, but I'm pretty confident that I want nearly all equities, at least in the IRA portion of my portfolio (which represents the entirety of my portfolio at the moment).

At any rate, these graphs are very cool and make me feel like Warren Buffett.

No comments: